Complaints procedure Coupry advocaten
Article 1 Definitions
In this Complaints Procedure the following definitions apply:
Client: Natural person, or (private law or public law) legal person that as a result of the conclusion of an agreement of assignment with Coupry B.V. makes use or has made use of the legal services by Coupry B.V.;
Complaint, plural: Complaints: any written statement of dissatisfaction of, or on behalf of the Client regarding the lawyer or the persons working under his responsibility about the coming to, and the execution of an agreement commissioning legal services, the quality of the legal services or the amount of the invoice for legal services, not being a complaint as referred to in Paragraph 4 of the Advocatenwet;
Complainant: the Client or his representative who makes a Complaint;
Complaints officer: the lawyer-director who is in charge of handling the Complaint.
Article 2 Application
This Complaints Procedure applies to every agreement commissioning legal services between Coupry B.V. as contractor and Client, unless Coupry B.V. and the Client expressly deviate from this Complaints Procedure whether in the agreement itself or by means of another written document.
Article 3 Purpose
The purpose of this Complaints Procedure is to:
- hestablish a procedure to determine the causes of the Complaint;
- maintaining and improving existing relationships through proper handling of the Complaint;
- the improvement of the quality services with the help of the handling of the Complaint.
Article 4 Information at the start of services
- The lawyer, as referred to in Article 6.28 of the Regulation on the Legal Profession (Verordening op de Advocatuur), informs the Client before concluding the agreement that Coupry B.V. applies this Complaints Procedure (made public on www.coupry.nl) on the provision of legal services.
- With reference to articles 13 and 15 of the General Terms and Conditions of Coupry B.V. a Complaint that has not been resolved after treatment in accordance with the internal complaint procedure as referred to in Article 5 of this Complaints Procedure, can only be submitted to the competent Dutch civil court for the purposes of a binding decision.
Article 5 Internal complaints procedure
- The Complaint that is issued by a Client to Coupry B.V., whether or not through the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org, is passed on to Mr. A. de Groot (advocaat) who, as an executive of Coupry B.V. is charged with carrying out this internal complaint procedure and acting as Complaints Officer. The complaint must contain at least:
- the name and address of the complainant;
- the date of submission of the complaint;
- a description of the behavior against which the complaint is directed.
- The Complaints Officer confirms receipt of the complaint within 5 working days.
- A complaint can be divided into several topics.
- The Complaints Officer or a person appointed by the Complaints Officer will inform the person about whom the Complaint has been submitted.
- DThe Complaints Officer, or a person designated by the Complaints Officer for this purpose, gives the Complainant and the person against whom the complaint has been made the opportunity to provide a (further) explanation of the Complaint.
- The Complaints Officer, or a person designated by the Complaints Officer for this purpose, endeavors to come with a solution in concert with the Complainant, whether or not in cooperation with the person against whom the Complaint has been made.
- The Complaints Officer, or a person appointed by the Complaints Officer, will deal with the Complaint within four weeks after receipt of the Complaint or will notify the Complainant about deviating from this period, stating the period within which a conclusion regarding the Complaint can be reached.
- The Complaints Officer, or a person appointed by the Complaints Officer for this purpose, informs the Complainant and the person about whom the Complaint has been made, in writing of the conclusion whether the Complaint is well-founded or not, and possibly accompanied by recommendations.
Article 6 Confidentiality and no handling fee
- The Complaints Officer, the person appointed by the Complaints Officer as referred to in Article 5 of this Complaints Procedure and the person who is the subject of the complaint will observe confidentiality when handling the Complaint.
- The Complainant does not owe any fee for the handling of the Complaint.
Article 7 Responsibilities and complaints registration
- The Complaints Officer is responsible for the timely resolution of the Complaint.
- The Complaints Officer, or a person appointed by the Complaints Officer for this purpose, keeps the Complainant informed about the handling of the Complaint.
- The Complaints Officer, or a person appointed by the Complaints Officer, keeps an overview of all Complaints and the matters concerned.
- Voor informatie over de klachtenregeling kunt u contact opnemen met de Klachtenfunctionaris.
- For information about the Complaints Procedure, please contact the Complaints Officer. These regulations come into force with effect from 1 January 2017.